Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sights.

I've been busy.  Ride, Work, Ride, Eat, Play, Sleep, Repeat.  It seems that things have been go since mid-April.  Something going every weekend, or at least every other.  I've been stressed at times, but don't take pity...I do it to myself and it has all been in the pursuit of fun.

The ride season was full for me this year, packing in as many of the gravel road 100's and ultras in the region as possible.  It has left me yearning for singletrack.

Putting on two events was an interesting and rewarding experience.  Thank you for all that came out.  We will be doing both the Chequamegon 100 and the TransWisconsin again.  I can assure you that.  One day I'll even get around to writing about my own experience.

Anni and I have been trying to keep up with our garden.  With all the rain, it has been a challenge.  Anni's out picking nearly every morning when I get on the bike to work.  Growing some of our own food is very fulfilling.  There is nothing better than knowing the food on the table was the result of your own work.

Finally, the biggest change of all.  Very soon we'll welcome into our lives a new life.  We're anxiously awaiting meeting this little person and have been preparing in many ways.

Yes, what a spring and summer it has been.  Here's a few of the sights along the way, in no particular order.

6 comments:

  1. All good stuff, Man. Best of luck with the new one. Mine is due any minute now. Let the craziness begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8/14 - 12 Hours of Blue Mound! All the singletrack you want and then some....

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAVO JOE!!!! You are gonna be an awesome dad!!! We just dropped off our little girl to a week-long YMCA camp for the first time...I thought it would be easy...it wasn't...Having a kid changes a guy!!!!
    Best regards,
    Charlie
    ps sign me up for both the Cheq 100 and the magical T.W.
    pss rumors abound that a Trans-Minnesota is in the works...think late July 2011...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You're gonna have quite a year. Thanks for all that you do to make bicycling fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Joe and thanks for all the tips that you share with us. Hope to ride with you soon.
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  6. 獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

    ReplyDelete