Monday, June 28, 2010

TransWisconsin in Photos.

My time spent scouting and riding the route.



I'm short on words for the experience.  I had an incredible ride before pulling the plug in Hayward.  I rode some incredible terrain and hiked a bit of sand.  I rode solo for most of the three days out there and pushed to overcome some of the personal challenges I had on the Divide.  I scouted some new sections for 2011 that will be sure to please...

16 riders congregated in the town of Hazel Green for the start.  Many fewer than had signed up, but still a solid showing for an event of this nature in its first year.  I think we'll have a few more next year.  A big Thank You for those that came out and rode, regardless of where you finished your ride!

I'll come through with more about my own ride soon.  Life gets in the way and it has been a busy and enjoyable spring/summer! 

You can also check out a few photos from Mike and Steve

6 comments:

  1. pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe - Thank YOU for putting this all together. I had an amazing time despite the challenges that forced me to exit. This was my first event like this, and I am already working through things I want to do differently. I'm looking forward to a Thursday evening meal at Gangster's and an early Friday AM rollout in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked! Thanks for putting those together. Looks like a beautiful route. I'm excited to give it a shot next year.

    ReplyDelete